Travis Selected For MI Coaches Hall Of Fame
Saugatuck Middle High School Principal Tim Travis is scheduled to be inducted into the Michigan High School Football Coaches Association Hall of Fame on Saturday, March 23, 2013 at the Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel in Ann Arbor.
Coach Travis is being honored for the numerous accomplishments throughout his 27-plus years of coaching, specifically his time spent in the Unionville-Sebewaing area where he received the following honors:
* 1998 Regional and State Coach of the Year
* 2004 Regional and State Coach of the Year
* 2004 Detroit Lions Coach of the Week
* A 113-49 record as varsity coach Unionville-Sebewaing
* 1998 State Champions
* 2004 State Champions
* 9 playoff appearances at Unionville-Sebewaing
* 6 conference championships at Unionville-Sebewaing
His most recent accomplishments include:
* 2010 state runner-up as special assistant at Saugatuck High School
* 3 playoff appearances as assistant coach for Saugatuck High School
* 4 conference championships as assistant coach at Saugatuck High School
When asked what coaching means to him, Travis says, “I apply lessons learned through coaching football to my life and work every day. I am grateful to have had the opportunity to learn from so many great players and coaches.”
Travis goes on to explain why he coaches. “High school coaches are in a unique position to positively impact the lives of young men and women. I have always felt that the lessons learned on the field, court and track are at least as important as the lessons learned in the classroom.”
Travis’ induction will take place on Saturday, March 23 at the Sheraton Ann Arbor Hotel in Ann Arbor. Social time is scheduled to begin at 5:30 p.m. and dinner will be served at 6:30 p.m. followed by the induction at 7:30 p.m.
Tickets for this event are $35 each. You can order your ticket by contacting Gandalf Church at (269) 983-0865 or via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org.