First Annual "ROCK THE WALK" At DES
SEPTEMBER 30, 2016 5:30-7 PM
SAUGATUCK HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL STADIUM
The First Annual “ROCK THE WALK” Walk-a-thon is a fundraiser organized by Team Wellness, part of the Douglas Elementary School (DES) Parent Teacher Organization (PTO). Made up of a group of parents and teachers, Team Wellness develops and implements wellness-based initiatives for the students of DES.
The funds raised through this event will help to continue programs such as the Healthy Snack Program, the Open Door Classroom (a partnership between DES and The Outdoor Discovery Center), the Pedometer Program, Real Food Events, the School Garden and more. The “Rock The Walk” is more than just an important fundraiser. It’s a fantastic way to bring people together in support of our excellent educational community!
* Nate Holley will be performing live music on the 50 yard line
* Our local fire and police departments will be there with vehicles
* There will be face painting
* Saugatuck “S” temporary tattoos will be available
* The Outdoor Discovery Center will be present with a live owl
Concessions will be open serving hot dogs, pizza, nachos, etc.
We welcome all families, friends and community members to join the students of DES as they “ROCK THE WALK”.